Thursday, September 4, 2014

Celebrating 'The End' While Beginning the Beginning

Though I recently realized that some of my published author friends were now Indie Authors, I didn't think I’d do that!



However, becoming aware that my publisher wasn’t able to, or interested in doing what I had the time and desire to do for my work if it were Indie published, I pulled the plug and as of yesterday am fully in charge of my work!
        

Had I done this sooner I wouldn’t have to rewrite the beginning of the first two books that comprise Naomi’s faith journey…On the other hand, if I had done this sooner, I would be at a loss as to what to do.

This was the perfect time to do what had to be done! 



Being accountable to God for what he entrusted to me, and grateful that Messiah sent me the blessings of the amazing cover art for all six books that Karen Arnpriester designed as well as helping me understand while reading the info posted on Julia (proofreader) Gibbs website that I didn’t need an editor, I needed a proofreader! And then when I was about ready to self-published He sent me the addition blessing of Marti, whose expertise in formatting for Kindle and Smashwords allowed me to praise God even more!

So how did I make the transition? It was easy and hard. Easy because I’d already been blessed several times by these women who, like that cord of three strands spoken of in the Bible were committed to ensuring that their work added value to mine. Hard because I knew that signing the Termination Letter meant no going back.
And I’m blessed to share that since February 1, 2014, I’ve published three Indie Author books of mine and each one is doing better than my books that were published by a publisher.

Throughout this blog, I’ve posted the six covers for the Naomi Chronicles. I hope you like them and would appreciate it if you posted a comment about your publishing situation too.



Indie Books by Paula Rose Michelson are: 

Christian Recovery -
How Did We Become Angry? Lamb Ministries 7x7: Biblical Recovery for Women Suffering from Trauma & Abuse, Book One

Authors Short Memoir - ‘From Why Johnny Can’t Read’ To “See Paula Write”

Essays Political/Cultural – The Purple Pitch Seduction of America

Christian fiction with a Messianic twist and a hint of history:
Beginning Anew: The Naomi Chronicles, Book One

No comments:

Post a Comment