Monday, November 4, 2013

Praising God for Praise! by Paula Rose Michelson

All who write hope...dream, and if they are believers, pray that what they write will strike a cord in the readers heart. A cord that resonates with the harmony of the Gospels that show us who Messiah is, what He accomplished, thus drawing them closer to our Kinsman Redeemer. Today, that joy is mine! So I am posting Neil Bowers response to my previous post titled "Your Candle" and even as I am preparing to do so, my heart is rejoicing. Please, as you read what Neil wrote, think about the writers and authors whose work has blessed you, then do as Neil did, and leave them a note. 


"This poem is beautifully written, Paula. I especially liked the part about it perhaps taking a lifetime for Him to make us a vessel worthy to fill. It reminds me of 2nd Timothy 2:20-21, where the Apostle Paul reminds us: “But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honor, and some to dishonor  If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor  sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work." A bucket is a vessel. A Ming vase is a vessel. Both may belong to the same master, and both may serve a purpose in his household. Both are useful, but one is clearly a vessel unto honor. Being used of our Master is reward enough in itself, but if I get to choose which sort of vessel I'll be, (and it sounds like we do,) I would like to be a “vessel unto honor." Not that the “honor" is like a status thing for us, but it would be nice to be someone God could use for a special purpose, and to have been specially prepared by Him for just that thing. A purpose special enough to justify our life, a worthy thing. But anything He has hand-picked for us, (He who knows us better than anyone else knows us,) will be better for us than anything we might pick for ourselves. Thank you, Paula. I like where this line of thinking is going, and I think I'll stay here a while. Thank you for the beauty of this reminder. And Mr. Goetz' song seems to go along in the same vein, too, sanctification sought for and desired out of love for the Master. Beautiful!"

As a special thank you to Neil Bowers, and for those of you who like Messianic music, today I have posted a song by Paul Wilbur, which I heard in my heart as I read Neil's words. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Paula. I enjoyed Paul Wilbur's song, “Adonai," just now. I had never heard it before; thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like the song, and happier still to see that you were able to post your comment!

    ReplyDelete