Saturday, February 21, 2015

NO OTHER CHOICE Back Matter Revamped

Before an author’s first book is published, the author is asked to write a tease publishers call “Back Matter” or a “Blurb”. When asked to do this, I found the task daunting. Though I had a grabber, I chose to send something less. When asked for the wording of the trailer, I sent what should have been the Back Matter. Now aware that the 'blurb' is critical because a good one can cause a browser to choose my book, today I updated the Back Matter for NO OTHER CHOICE so that it reflects the reality of Naomi's experience. 

For the curious and authors in the process of writing the Back Matter for their book, I’ve posted both Back Matter options. And yes, I am aware that some knowing this is a faith story might find the change unnecessary or unusual. Yet, in doing this I keep faith with my heroine, and the Lord who charged us to go unto all the world...what I can tell you that this as well as all my other books are cringe free, and I would have gladly shared any one of them with my teenaged daughters. 

New Back Matter
No Other Choice: The Naomi Chronicles, Book One

Fleeing Spain to live her faith in public can Naomi overcome or will she always be…

An Illegal Immigrant ~
Bound by Secrets ~
Trapped by Choices ~

This is Naomi’s journey from adolescence to womanhood, from frightened isolation and captivity to the noble status of heiress. Trapped in a life where all who know her think her a saint, saddled with a mission and responsibility many would shirk from placed upon her shoulders, Naomi agrees to marry to sidestep more issues and discovers… http://amzn.to/1tN7hEp


Old Back Matter
No Other Choice: The Naomi Chronicles, Book One

Naomi will be sent back! She left her family and all she held dear, traveled half way around the word while accompanying a blind, old grandmother because they promised to help her enter America and find her uncle. Instead they handed her over to immigration. What she does now, she because there is no other choice!

This is Naomi’s journey from adolescence to womanhood, from frightened isolation and captivity to the noble status of heiress. Trapped in a life where all who know her think her a saint, saddled with a mission and responsibility many would shirk from placed upon her shoulders, Naomi agrees to marry because that seems to be the easiest way to sidestep more issues and then discovers…


As timely as the immigration debate of today is, author, William Struse’s endorsement says, “Duty, sacrifice, and faith are carried in the arms of love by a courageous young woman, who rises above her own flaws to help others.”

No comments:

Post a Comment