Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Transformative Life Choices ~ Author Paula Rose Michelson

Looking back on all I've done and what matters to me, I've realized that my life, my belief in Messiah, my effectiveness as a Christian lay counselor, what I taught my daughters and my grandchildren that matters and written about in Casa de Naomi: The House of Blessing and The Naomi Chronicles, Beginning Anew Books is about choices.

I think Robert Frost said what I'm trying to articulate best, so here's a snippet of his eloquent, life affirming sentence, "...I took the road less traveled." I've found that taking 'the road less' is the one I rejoice being on. Yet that road requires courage and tenacity! 


Script Writing

All of the above comments were a sort of prelude for the appetizer, which in this case is 'Script Writing!" I will begin by say that writing a script, any script is something I never imagined doing! Though a dear friend and author of mine is also a script and play write, and we have spend hours talking about her work, and because of my theatrical background, I have been blessed to edit some of it, the thought of writing for production has never entered my mind. Yet, as often is the case, God took me to a precipice and showed me that His message heard through the use of modern technology.

Aware that He is right, and that I knew someone who does video's for fun, I contacted her. We talked, meet, scouted a locale, and all the while it never occurred to me to ask God what He wanted me to say.

A week later an idea came to me...only after I admitted that I didn't know what I was doing. God is so good that He waited until I was talking to my husband, Ron about how God orchestrated my life journey to bring me to this place...this 'road less traveled' and I realized that it was in the choosing that I became what I am. That's when I first spoke the title of the video, hurried to my office and wrote the script I've posted below.  



Transformative Life Choices ~ Author Paula Rose Michelson

Welcome! Thanks for meeting me here in this lovely butterfly garden! Do you hear that song wafting on the breeze that says, “Life is what you make it? I do! That’s why I choose this place because butterflies are a significant symbol of change. Imagine if the caterpillar choose to stay as it is. Would there be any butterflies to flutter by? Of course not! That’s true for you and me too! We all change. While some change because they choose to, others change because they must!

I know! As a Christian lay councilor, who founded LAMB Ministries, speaker, and author, the wife of pastor and field missionary Ron Michelson, the mother of two daughters, who has seven grandchildren, I can attest that change is an inevitable part of life.

That’s a good thing. No let me correct myself…that’s a God thing!

Since you might be scratching your head and wondering if I’m daft, let me explain…God wove you together in your mother’s womb. He gave you life.

Your life will be whatever YOU make of it!

Even if You don’t change, change occurs.

I see you shaking your head, so I’ll use my heroine Naomi as an example:

Naomi is fearful so she runs away,

She gets where she wanted to

And makes another choice that makes her more fearful than before…

She hard pressed to make sense of the mess she’s made of her life…

We all feel like that…I have…and I bet you have too. Some look back with regret…some look forward with fear…no matter your journey, if you need solace, someone that understands, take Naomi along…allow her story to guide you…believe me, you can’t go wrong…I did, and I’m blessed to say that teenager who spoke to when I began to write enriches my life every day! That might be hard for you to understand, but it’s true because when a character you’re writing about begins to tell you on a better journey than the one you envisioned you’ll know what I mean!

Thanks for dropping by to chat with me for a minute! If you buy any of the Casa de Naomi: The House of Blessing or The Naomi Chronicles Books on Amazon please let me know that you did so I can tell Naomi that you are reading about her life. Wonder why I say that? Because though many think she’s a character in a series of books, she’s really to me because I chose her to be transformed into a person as real as you and me!

Transformative Life Changes Occur When We Make Transformative Life Choices
If you have issues that you’re dealing with please visit my Paula Rose Michelson website. Before you leave look at the butterflies on the obelisk, select the one that’s you and remember, life is what you make it and what you make it is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment