Tuesday, October 28, 2014

It’s been a long time in coming, so...


I'm excited to have unpublish my books at other online booksellers so I could enroll them in KindleUnlimited as soon as possible! To celebrate, The Naomi Chronicles Saga Books are $2.99 at http://amzn.to/1ssbBWa!


Although some might think my choice abrupt, I found myself doing more marketing and less writing. And writing, not marketing, is my passion! Though I did find time to write it was time sandwiched between that all important reality of market your work or…and the ‘or’ can, and in this case was a negative that was hard to overcome.

It is true that getting your book into a library puts it into the hands of readers. KindleUnlimited is the only online lending library set up by a bookseller/publisher that does this for a small monthly fee, and the results speak for themselves! 

However, there’s one question every author needs to answer before they take the plunge! It’s the same question that writers ponder when they think about publishing their work – the age old three pronged question of:

1.   Why did you write your book?
2.  What are you willing to do or give up or do to make that happen?
3. Who do you want to reach?

Now having given up control by using the standard publishing author model, I’m not in favor of that. And having spent too much unsuccessfully trying to let readers know about my work, I’m pulling back on that. So having answered questions one and two, I realized that my answer to question three would guide me to a happy resolution, for I had always wanted to reach as many readers as possible!

So there you have it in a nutshell… and no, I’m not nuts for putting my e-books into the biggest online bookseller’s lending library, and dropping my price so readers could easily afford all of my books if they want them! 

    

2 comments:

  1. Keep writing for God. You have great knowledge in helping others. Thank you for being in my life.

    Rhonda Patton
    Author of Ted and Raymond Books for Children
    www.thecroak500.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear, Rhonda for your affirming words! I'm blessed to have you in my life, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete