Monday, June 9, 2014

On Choosing

Joshua 25:14, "...then chose for yourself this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amortizes, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

The process of choosing, which many call beginning, can be difficult, challenging, and affirming. Beginning is a foundational step in becoming an individual that occurs within a loving family as children become teens and their parents encourage them to begin their exploration of appropriate choices, see which ones they will select, and try to assist them along the way. 

Although all grow from childhood to adulthood, for some this process does not occur. Whether that is due to the environment, generationally taught fear, or the individual’s own fear is not important. What is important is that God holds each of us accountable for our choices.

In 2007 God called me to write the two books which compromise the Casa de Naomi: House of Blessing Saga. Last year, He sent me many blessings in the form of Indie Authors. With their help in February, Book One of The Naomi Chronicles, titled "Beginning Anew" was released in time for Valentines gifting.

Throughout this process, I had to choose, as all believers are asked to do. I chose to follow Gods lead, though I didn't know what that meant, and in doing this, I experienced His blessings.

If you haven't done this yet, I hope within this post, you've read something to encourage you to say what Joshua did, so that you too can receive God's blessings. For God clearly stated in Isaiah 55:8, "...my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. So to get what you do not merit, stop wondering what if, and trust in Him who is the Alpha and Omega of everything!

May Gods Shalom, His Peace, which transcends all understanding, be yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment