Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Your Family is Gods #1 Priority!


Parents today have it harder than my hubby and I did when our kids were young. Now that Danae is almost 50 and since Cheryl's almost seven years younger, do the math and you'll discover that I'm an oldster, which, according me is a person who is old but still has enough opinions to stir things up, I hope in a good (or should I say God) way?

Looking back at the 80's which is when both of our daughters were teens, it was as needed then as it is now to check out everything and everyone our girls spent time with and find out what they were doing. Ron and I assumed there would be no problems. We were wrong and there were consequences we had to deal with.

Whether you call them problems or issues, they happen all the time. With most families today needing both parents to work, like I did, kids may think their parents don't care what happens to them as long as they look like their following the rules. God 's Word tells us that's wrong!

Well, if that's wrong, what's right? you may wonder. And I'd have been right there with you before I go the big ah-ha from Jesus, which was when I discovered that Every Family Matters to God! His Word God tells us what matters to Him, so let’s check it out.

1. When Adam sinned God punished him like we do are kids. Why? Because He knew we learn best by living with the consequences of our behavior.

2. When Abraham left Ur of the Chaldeans because God told him to go, he had to leave his father’s house. To become the man God needed He lead Abraham away from sin, and gave him, his family, and those who believe in Messiah an everlasting inheritance in heaven. 

We're still in the beginning of Genesis and we already see that God’s number one priority is families like yours.






No comments:

Post a Comment