Sunday, April 22, 2018

Why Sunday Matters Most



As the wife of a Lutheran Pastor and Messianic field missionary with Chosen People Ministries, a writer of faith stories and more importantly a believer in Messiah Yeshua, I thought it good to share these thoughts now because it seems 21 century families are not attending weekly worship as they did before.

Growing up in Synagogue or as some called it a Congregation, we Jews worshiped on Saturday because for us the new day begins at sundown. Throughout my childhood, my parents carpooled with others of our faith to get us kids to Shabbat school, which is the equivalent of Sunday school. My parents were seldom at worship, which was a common thing as far as I knew. Since my parents did not attend there were no family chats about the sermon or Bible study that preceded it. I did not think that odd until our girls, my husband and I gave our lives to Jesus within nine months.

Becoming aware that God loved and cared enough about each of us to offer His only son as the only acceptable ransom for our sins knit us together. Worshiping together as well as studying the same book of the Bible knit our hearts together in such tight bonds of love, commitment and service to God that we were changed from what we had been to what God had created us to become so we could draw others to Him.

Looking back, in light of today's trend, I see a red flag which I'll call 'Lack of Family Unity' that I believe can be changed when all family members worship together, study the same book of the Bible and talk about what they learned and how that applies to their life and the lives of others.

However, in this and most industrialized societies today, people are so busy chasing after whatever to get wherever without realizing that when we put God and His Word first, He gifts us peace, patience, joy and an awareness of what matters most. That dear friends is why Sunday Matters Most. For it is after we spend time with the Lord and our dear faith family that God's Word dwells in our hearts in a fresh new way encouraging us to look not at what we don't have or want, but at what we do have that we can thank Him for and share with others.


3 comments:

  1. I am deeply grateful for women like you, Paula, women who love the Lord, women who walk in His ways in this often idolatrous and agonizing world of woe...and then so beautifully pen what is in their hearts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie,

    Sorry I had to delete my comment above but I wanted to be clear in that I feel as you do! It is because of what is happening to our country and it's negative impact on the kids that God called me to write the 8-Year-Old Gracie & The Save a Soul Prayer Team books.

    Within these books readers will experience Life the way God wants us to live it.

    I am still looking for readers who will prayer for this work, and be ready to post their review once the book is released. If you'd like to join my Gracie team friend me (Paula Rose Michelson) on Facebook.

    Should you know others who feel as we do, I hope you'll invite them to join you. We start with the children because Gods Word says... "And a little child shall lead them... which is the Scripture sighted at the beginning of each Gracie book.

    To find out more about the book and me, scroll down, read the article. Hit the link and you'll be one my author Paula-Rose Amazon page.

    And God bless you my faithful sister is Jesus.

    Hugs,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete