Monday, July 15, 2013

Less-a-tude, by Paula Rose Michelson

Sunday while reading my Monday blog to Ron I had no idea how quickly life could change for us, but today after a phone call telling me he was at the hospital, spending more than ten hours there, and knowing my husbands needs were being lifted up by many believers, all I can say is thank you! I'm so very grateful that Ron will have the procedure he needs tomorrow morning! To celebrate here's my Monday blog. 

For many people Monday was a day to be sidestepped long before The Mama’s and Papa’s wrote and sang:

Monday, Monday, can’t trust that day
Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way

And for some time now I’ve found Monday’s to be less than days. Yet today, I asked myself why and the answer surprised me for I like to think I know better than to expect one day to be better or worse than another. But knowing is different than choosing, believing, or acting upon because each of these words require a conscious decision, and having made none, I thought that Monday might somehow change. Which leads me to wonder if it were possible that with all my eptitude, which is a word I made up because I seemed to misplace my aptitude to do what I knew I should and dismissed the talent I had to achieve, in other words, I had surrendered my life to happenstance. Now you might wonder why I burdened myself with this introspective mumbo-jumbo, so I’ll share more in the hope that having shared, I will know…that at a certain point I felt as if I were living a life of less. That’s right…less interaction, less joy, less involvement…just less of everything. This ongoing Monday morass, this less-a-tude, for want of a better word had hold of me and I didn’t even remember inviting it in, or asking it to take up residence in my mind, but there it was sniveling the boo-hoo’s of lassitude and I was an avid audience of one, or two or three if you count the ego, id, and super ego. So needing no advice from the avid side of my mind since I knew it was not going to give me valid guidance or recommendations concerning my possibly prudent future actions, and had not shown nor typically given any regard for me, I chose to not acknowledge it as authoritative, but sought instead wisdom from the only authority worth heeding and read: in Joshua 24:15 "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourself this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are  now living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." 

Suddenly I felt incredibly blessed by my husband who always supports my every endeavor including my soon to be released Book One of The Naomi Chronicles. I thought of my great fortune to have my creative muse supported by Karen Arnpriester who’s amazing ability to understand what I asked for and change the banner on The Naomi Chronicles, Book One, Beginning Anew to reflect that Chaz and Naomi are now married, blessed me. I remembered the kindness of Heather Randall who’s amazing Review Crew is taking me on again (praise God!), once the first novel in the four book Chronicle Saga is released and felt doubly blessed. Then Traci Story’s gifted edit of the first book of the four book Chronicles came to mind and I smiled!


When I think of all that Monday hadn’t been for so very long, I realize that Messiah gave us the same ability he had. If we are content with a Monday, and any other day of the week being less than, it’s us that needs an attitude adjustment for God tells us in, Matthew 16:19 "I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind n earth will be bound in heaven, and you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." If you believe this Scripture to be true and are still have a case of the boo-hoo's reeve up your belief-o-meter and I'm sure you'll find your smile like it did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment