Monday, May 13, 2013

Us, We, You, Me, by Paula Rose Michelson


With all that’s going on in the political arena, our government, churches, and schools concern for safety and the need to know THE TRUTH has become a very news worthy topic. Yet the more we hear the more some seem to insist their view of reality, the view which affirms them as being honorable, MUST be THE ONE AND ONLY VIEW! Because of these trying times, I believe Messiah is calling us to choose. Choosing is good! Choosing can affirm us if we know who we are, what we stand for, and know that we are willing to pay the price for our convictions.

The principle of choosing is seen throughout Scripture: God chose; Abraham chose; Isaac and Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel, chose; David chose…. And Messiah chose to go the cross thus becoming the only way to God for he was the perfect sacrifice for our sins.

Choosing can set us free or enslave us…the Founding Fathers of our country knew that and chose. Today as you read this poem, I pray that you will choose.


Us, We, You, Me

“Us”
A collected reality of all we’ve known that went before.
Some left quietly.
Others slammed the door as if to say they breathed a more refined air,
Or perhaps this is what they thought…But who was I to tell them…

“We”
The people we want to be.
The longing, striving, driven one
Another…Watching to see if it could be done
Without ever asking…Content to scrutinize who mattered in their world of You and Me
All must agree t
Their opinion the permanent one
No voice but theirs was heard

“You”
Lost in the shuffle between us and we
Fearful to never be
Stuck between becoming and not
Worried lest they fail…Trapped in emotional jail

“Me”
Setting myself free of us, we and you
Trembling lest…Unable to survive this reality, I
There is no “ I” in this reality!
If there were what would happen to the us, and we?

Breaking free!
I,
Chose to be!
Not giving into conformity…Social norm, mediocrity
Another’s scorn

I stand alone
Alone I discover who I am
Defining myself
I expand
Aware of me…The world…Then you…We and us
I coexist amongst many
Free to leave or stay
I chose
I am no longer
Dependent on others affirmation or negation
Transcended
I stand alone

Yet to the we, us, and you
I am no one new…They see me as they see themselves
Nothing I say will show them a different, perhaps better way
Each chooses
Few Reflect

I stand Alone
The price of being costs
All
Of
Me

Yet
I
Cannot
Go
Back and be what I used to be

Onward I press to discover what
I
Will
Become!


Psalm 19:14 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Until we meet again, may Messiah’s peace be yours as you continue to walk with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment