Saturday, April 13, 2013

Did You Ever_ _? Well I Did! by Paula Michelson


Did you ever start writing a book knowing that you wrote well but lacked the mechanical skill sets needed to insure a good edit? I did!

Did you ever start writing a book without knowing it? Well I did!

Did you ever find yourself writing a story other than the one you planned? I bet you know by now that I’m going to tell you...I did! And you’re right! I did!

Now to some this sounds like the most harebrained idea one could concoct, and you’re right! That’s why I love telling people that I didn't make this happen, Messiah did! Don’t you love it when the Lord takes the reins and takes you on a journey you never signed up for?

Oh, that hasn't happened to you? Well it will if you yield to his leading! You've done that and nothing’s changed. Then let me suggest that you’re still in your comfort zone. You know the place where everything makes sense. It’s that comfortable place where your bills get paid on time, everyone at work is your friend, and the people at the grocery store know you by name. It’s the place where our illusion of doing what the Lord challenged to do might be pushed off to one side because we don’t want to make waves. Yep, you know what I mean! It’s the place where we never have to “Cast all our cares on him because he cares for us” cause we’re busy caring for ourselves.

Sometimes, especially during these stressful times, it’s easier to hide out instead of calling God our hiding place, a place where we’re protected from the troubles that surrounds us. It seems to me that right now many of us aren't listening for songs of deliverance, because we don’t know what that is. Or sadder yet, we’re looking for the government, our local officials, or our family to deliverer us. Perhaps we don’t even believe in deliverance or a deliver. So the words found in Proverbs 5-6, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight," are just a bunch of gibberish.  

However, I have it on good authority that everything that comes around goes around, meaning you have only one ticket to ride so make it count for eternity! 


2 comments:

  1. Your post has challenged my "laziness" and sitting deep within my comfort zone. I have had a blog set up for several months, but never knew what to post - and never told anyone I had it. I guess you could say I was "hiding out" and not yielding to Him as I should. I made my first post on the blog today, but, I will admit, with limited notification/sharing. I have submitted it to the review of the Writing Fun and Support group on FB. It is a small start, but it is a step in right direction.

    Thank you challenging the comfort zone I was deeply rooted in. Many blessings on your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that my blog is making it difficult to read the scripture I wanted to post, so I will post it here.

    Joshua 24:15 “…then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

    On Choosing to Begin

    The process of choosing, which many call beginning can be difficult, challenging, and affirming. Beginning is a foundational step in become an individual, and occurs within a loving family as children become teens and their parents encourage them to begin their exploration of appropriate possibilities, see which ones they will chose, and try to assist them along the way.

    Yet for some, this process does not occur. Whether this happens because of the environment, generationally taught fear or the individual’s own fear is not important. It is important to note that since each of us will stand before a Holy and righteous God, and see the books of life and death opened that each person chose. In becoming aware of choices, we are able to choose, and in choosing, we define who we are.
    Joshua 24:15 “…then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

    The process of choosing, which many call beginning can be difficult, challenging, and affirming. Beginning is a foundational step in become an individual, and occurs within a loving family as children become teens and their parents encourage them to begin their exploration of appropriate possibilities, see which ones they will chose, and try to assist them along the way.

    ReplyDelete