Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Please welcome, Texan & author of "ROPED", DiANE Gates!

What Readers Are Saying the Novel Roped
“5Stars! Crying by the end of the first chapter, I was cheering by the last! I really enjoyed this book! The author had an almost magical way of making her characters, and the Texas rodeo culture, come to life. This book emphasized the importance of forgiveness, of keeping your temper, and of trusting in God. I plan on reading this story many more times in the future, and I would highly recommend it for teens and adults alike. I'm eagerly looking forward to the sequel!”

“5 Stars! Hard to put the book down, author, DiAne Gates has written a story that makes you feel you are actually there! There were times I found myself holding my breath, waiting for the outcome of what was happening at the moment. I felt like I got to know each of the characters of the story and it was written in such a way I could literally "see" what was going on and felt what each character of the story was feeling at that moment. The story line moves quickly and with each chapter you will find yourself drawn into the life of this young girl, feeling what she feels and wanting her to win!! How refreshing to see a story that has as its center such strong family ties, lessons in integrity and bonds that cannot be broken regardless of what life may throw in your path. I highly recommend this book, not only for young people but for adults as well. There are lessons for all of us to learn regardless of age.” Marie

My Interview with Author, DiANE Gates
Why do you write? I entered an essay contest when I was fifteen and won. The title was “The Basis of a Great Nation is a Christian Home”. I’ve been writing since that time about this same topic. I can’t not write. Christian homes are the backbone of America.

How did God direct you? My children were young when I launched into the art market via the means of local art shows. Watching fellow artists go home penniless, I told God we needed extra family income. And He laid on my heart to create color books for children. Even if paintings didn’t sell, the color books did. Then God spoke to my heart about parents not being able to teach what they don’t know, and my four book family devotional series, based on the color book characters, “The Master’s Plan”, came to life. We lost a twenty-eight-year-old daughter fifteen years ago and God not only directed me, He carried me through those difficult years of grief. Then led me to lead a GriefShare support group, where He has directed me for thirteen years.

What is your self-publishing or regular publishing experience? In 2014 I signed my first book contract with Prism Book Group to publish my YA Novel, “Roped”, and am in the process of completing the next book in this series, “Twisted”.

Where do you write? Anywhere the words come. On scrap paper, my computer, my laptop. In the backyard swing, waiting on doctors, in my chair alongside husband when he watches boring sports. When I signed a contract with Prism for “Roped” we took a spare bedroom and turned it into my office. My neighbor designed and built a twelve-foot desk across one end of the room. That desk top holds everything a gal needs to create—family photos, printer, computer, sewing machine, my paints and brushes, and my old computer—just in case.

Do you have any words of wisdom to pass along? “Roped” was my first novel. I sent it to two publishing houses and received two rejections, then threw it in a drawer—for years. After God called our daughter home, He led me to ACW and within thirty minutes of walking in the door found out why my manuscripts weren’t accepted. They screamed amateur. I joined North Texas Christian Writers and began the arduous word crafting process. Several years and three first place finishes later, in their Children’s Division, I signed with Prism. Moral of the stories? NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP! Join a local writing group and educate yourself. Find folks who are bent on success and write and edit with them for as long as it takes. You will achieve your dream if you write within God’s will and for His glory, not your own.

About Author, DiANE Gates
Texan, DiAne Gates, illustrates, photographs, and writes for children and YA, as well as serious non-fiction for adults. Her freelance artist, photographic work for the East Texas Rodeo Association magazine gave birth to her western rodeo adventure series ROPED which Prism Book Group in August of 2015.

DiANE leads an adult edit group, The LifeSavers, for North Texas Christian Writers. And DiAne is a facilitator for GriefShare, an international support ministry for those who’ve lost loved ones.

Wife, mother, and Mimi, whose passion is to share those hard life lessons God allows. Lessons she hopes will leap from the page into your heart.

Barnes & Noble bit.ly/1RmiOny


WordPress Blog http://bit.ly/1WK8Xcy

Goodreads bit.ly/1RApxNP

Facebook bit.ly/1Mn0QlG

Author Page on Facebook bit.ly/1UNHSpU


Email DiAne Gates at: dianegates@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment